“So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” – Ephesians 4:11-13
- Lord, we long for “the whole measure of the fullness of Christ”, what a blessing it is for us to know you. Help us pursue Christlikeness in all that we do.
- We recognize you have created us all to have different gifts and talents, to fit within your grand design for the Church. Thank you, Lord, for your unending love.
- Lord, you call us and you equip us to do your will. Help us to heed your call and to obey.
“Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.” – 1 Peter 3:8
- Father God, let your love inspire us to love you and others as you have commanded.
- Lord, we pray for the strength and conviction to have unity of mind and a humble mind. We commit to putting your ways ahead of our own ways in every circumstance.
- Spirit, help us to express sympathy, brotherly love, and a tender heart toward everyone. Guide us on how to consider others above ourselves.
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” – Psalm 133:1
- God, we rest in you and enjoy good and pleasant times when following your commands.
- Help us to love you first so we can love one another in ways that please you.
- Lord, we want to live together in unity, and to enjoy the goodness that comes from unity.
“Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.” – Romans 14:19
- God, your plan from the beginning has been for people to love and edify one another.
- Lord help us to be obedient to you, for this is what leads to peace.
- Your peace is the restoration of our broken lives, thank you Jesus.